On 12/30/2016 5:25 PM, Stephen Chrzanowski wrote:
IMO, the responsibility of checking database versions should be owned by
the application, not the library.  The logic that the application can or
cannot, should or should not use the database is an application decision.
If the library just were to provide what version of SQLite made or last
modified the DB would be sufficient, but, having the library itself throw
an exception/warning/error/fail/[anything beyond provisions for the
database version] is going beyond what the library should be doing.

Yes, sorry my suggestion wasn't clear, I was suggesting this as an enhancement to the "sqlite3" command-line utility (and any other tool that interacts with SQLite databases), if full version information is already stored in the sqlite file format anyway so no change is needed there. Sorry if this is the wrong list for that. I thought this was also the place to report bugs/suggestions for the actual tool.

Bennett