On Sep 12, 2017, at 12:41 PM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

>> On Sep 12, 2017, at 11:09 AM, Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com> wrote:
>>
>> From my reading of the docs, I don’t see that that is the purpose of
>> SQLITE_DETERMINISTIC:
>>
>>   https://www.sqlite.org/deterministic.html
>> <https://www.sqlite.org/deterministic.html>
>
> Actually it is. "A deterministic function always gives the same answer when
> it has the same inputs." That is the definition of a mathematical (also
> called "pure") function. Such a function call can of course be factored out
> as a common subexpression.

All true, but irrelevant is the *purpose* of this constant is not what you want
it to be.

As I read the docs, the only purpose of this constant is so that SQLite can
give an error if you use a non-deterministic function anywhere that would cause
DB corruption.  That is all.

Could it be *extended* to mean what you want?  Of course, but that means you’re
asking for a feature, not reporting a bug.