> On May 14, 2018, at 11:25 PM, Howard Chu <h...@symas.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you have a link to the currently updated version of this? Google gives me
>> projects that haven't been updated since 2015.
>
> That's the most recent version. So far I haven't seen any compelling new
> features in subsequent SQLite versions to warrant a resync of the code.

It looks to be based on SQLite 3.7.16. New features since then include partial
indexes, common table expressions, next-gen query planner, deferring foreign
keys, WITHOUT ROWID tables, row values, secure pointer passing for native
functions, sqlite3_serialize(), and the upcoming UPSERT … and that's just from
skimming through the release history. Plus of course all sorts of query planner
improvements, and misc. bug fixes.

Partial indexes are a must-have for my use case, so when I ran across
SQLightning in 2016 I quickly gave up on it. There have also been three or four
bug fixes in recent SQLite releases that fixed serious problems we were having.

If you build a modified version of SQLite in such a way that it can't feasibly*
be updated by anyone but you, and then have no plans to keep it up to date, it
isn't a product anyone else can seriously use. It's more of a personal project,
or a gauntlet thrown down to the SQLite team. Which is fine as it goes, but I
don't think it's a good idea to suggest other people use it.

—Jens

* I've looked at the source. There's no version history in Git, no copy of the
original SQLite source files, and no markers I could find in the source that
show where your changes are. I quickly decided that trying to merge in a newer
version of SQLite would be a waste of time.