Check out:

   http://c.qyv.net/mailmansrc/info/a6250b7ba075294c

This is a patch to mailman version 2.1.20 (the version deployed on
sqlite.org). It adds a three day waiting period between subscription
attempts. When applying this patch also be sure to edit Defaults.py (which
is generated at installation time from Defaults.py.in) to include the new
variable for controlling the subscription window.

You may also want to set SUBSCRIBE_FORM_SECRET to a secret string. This
will enable verification that a submitted form is both from the site and
filled out after 5 seconds (to thwart bots).

Enjoy.

-Jeff