On 2018-10-05 19:59, Chris Brody wrote:
>> I did now a quick experiment with the sqlite3 command-line, and it seems
>> that savepoints indeed work exactly what I need *except* for being
>> non-persistent.  Is there some way or trick I could use to make them (or
>> the "current session") persist?
>
> Couldn't <https://github.com/aergoio/litetree> do the trick for you?

Yes, but there are some things I don't like about it -- see my earlier
reply in this thread (to Simon's first message).

It might be the solution I go for in the end, though.

Alternatively, I was thinking about this idea:  If it is not possible to
persist savepoints, then I could simply discard the uncommitted changes
when the connection is closed, and redo them on the next startup of the
application.  In my particular situation, this is possible (the
information needed to redo the changes is available) and may be
acceptable performance-wise.

Yours,
Daniel

--