Hi!

On 2018-10-05 20:33, Chris Brody wrote:
>> Yes, but there are some things I don't like about it -- see my earlier
>> reply in this thread (to Simon's first message).
>
> Gotta say I could not follow what you said in the earlier reply. It
> would be nice if you could explain in some finer detail.

The first small issue I have with litetree is that as far as I
understand, it won't allow me to remove / "release" previous revisions.
In other words, if I have some row in my table and I change it a hundred
times back and forth, then litetree will always keep those hundred
revisions in its history (just like a version control system would).

That's of course what it is supposed to do, but it means that the size
of the database grows with each change even if the current state still
consists of only one row.

In my usecase, that is unnecessary -- I don't need to keep all versions
forever.  I only need to keep the ability to roll back for a limited
amount of time, and it would be nice to remove old revisions completely
(corresponding to a "release" of savepoints or checkpointing with WAL).
That seems to be not supported by litetree.

> That said, I would personally favor using "standard" SQLite3 if possible.

And this is my second small issue with litetree.  It seems to be
actively developed at the moment, but of course using the official
SQLite3 gives me a dependency that is most likely better maintained and
kept up to date in the future.

Yours,
Daniel

--