This doesn’t seem very useful for an embedded database engine — the application
code owns and creates the database, so it already has those SQL strings; in
which case it just seems like extra work to first write them to the DB and then
have the DB read them back out again to compile statements. Yes, I could
imagine an over-the-air update scenario that updates the strings in the
database … but the likelihood of a software update that _only_ affects SQL
strings and not any native code is very low.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the feature, but to me it sounds like one of those
DBMS server features that doesn’t really belong in SQLite itself. Perhaps it
could be added to the shell?

—Jens