I must apologize, because I feel that muy comment has been misinterpreted,
proably because my weak english.

I did not mean to say that "out there" there are not zillions of books,
tutorials, SQL examples, but:

I refer to information "close" to the point where the doubt occurs. In the case
of the O.P., in the interpretation of the syntax of certain SQL statement in
the SQLite dialect.

In the previous circumstance, finding applicable examples can be an excessively
long and painful task, with the aggravating circumstance that the novice must
be able to "expurgate" everything that is not directly applicable to the
dialect he intends to use.

When I refer to the lack of variables, I mean that in SQL you can't do some
like Y = some-sintax, an *later*, do Z = Y + some-sentence. IMHO this is a hard
part to start using SQL. At least as hard as prescind to use gotos (yes I also
started in this with bow and arrow :-)

 If this had been a technical or theoretical issue, I would probably have
refrained from expressing my opinion, due to my lack of adequate preparation.
But I think this thread turn around the complain of a beginner, who -I think-
has his 2 cts. of reason.

I think that answering with technical delicacies about the léxical domain of
SQLite and its doc, helps little or nothing. For example, who can argue that
SQLite is not a language but an RDBMS? Of course with the small detail that it
uses a particular dialect of the SQL language and we were talking about just
that.

Ok. Ok. SQL is not a languaje, but a CLI to interrogate a RDBMS.

That sadid, of course, D.R. Hipp has al the rigth to maintain his doc as
criptic as the Dr. Stroustrup in his famous TC++PL book, and consequently,
everyone who approaches must come properly cryed from home.