On 2019/06/27 10:57 AM, Adolfo J. Millan wrote:
I must apologize, because I feel that muy comment has been misinterpreted,
proably because my weak english.

  If this had been a technical or theoretical issue, I would probably have
refrained from expressing my opinion, due to my lack of adequate preparation.
But I think this thread turn around the complain of a beginner, who -I think-
has his 2 cts. of reason.

I don't think anyone complained of the OP, we just tried to explain why the types of documentation he argued for isn't in sqlite, or that sqlite.org isn't the optimal place for it.

Since then some others have had a bit of backlash. I mean, for one, is it not enough that the people (who make sqlite) put endless hours into making one of the best RDBMS engines?, why must they also carry the torch in the SQL education department? For another, the sqlite devs probably understand SQL very well, but they won't be in any way more apt at educating this to (especially) beginners. In fact Richard has claimed so himself, and I imagine making sqlite takes up most of their time, so  they typically do not write much user systems or get into contact with "real-world" query examples (perhaps some via the forum).

I like Warren's idea of a community documentation part, though in the current way SQLite docs are compiled and produced won't fit such an ideology - but perhaps we could set up an SQLite-SQL community Wiki on the side?

I am happy to host this, I'm sure others are too. I am however unconvinced it will get any real visitors/contributors, even with a direct link from the sqlite.org front-page. It's the premise that these things "are needed because they are scarce on the internet" that is demonstrably false.

That sadid, of course, D.R. Hipp has al the rigth to maintain his doc as
criptic as the Dr. Stroustrup in his famous TC++PL book, and consequently,
everyone who approaches must come properly cryed from home.

I don't think the docs are cryptic - they are perhaps less expansive and aims at getting the truth of a functionality across in the most succinct way - something that is very much appreciated by any expert user who has had to wade through pages of crud to find a bit of knowledge (which is the case in almost every blog). Sure enough there is a place for the hand-holdy step-by-step type children's books, and they really do exist (W3Schools and Tynker are great examples - I use it myself when learning a new thing), but a technical sqilte doc is no place for that.

Not a complaint, just my 2c.  :)