A user complains in ticket #1689 that SQLite does not
allow triggers in one database to refer to tables in
a different database or to TEMP tables.

SQLite actually goes to a lot of trouble to detect
these kinds of things since, as we were writing the
code, we could not think of any circumstance where
a persistent trigger referring to a temp table could
be anything other than a mistake in the SQL.  But
ticket number #1689

  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1689

provides two examples of cases where it might be
useful for a persistent trigger to refer to a temporary
table.  I am still dubious, but I am willing to
consider the possibility that this might actually
be useful to someone.

So what do other users think?

Should I remove the tests from SQLite that prevent
triggers in one database from referring to tables in
a different database?  Or should I leave things as
they are and close ticket #1689 with a remark of
"works as designed".

What do other database engines do?  Does anybody know?

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>