I have a linux machine that saw one-to-many power outages.

I got a backup of everything and reinstalled it.

I have some code that uses Perl DBI and connects to several Oracle Databases and builds several local sqlite databases.

It pulls a lot of data from Oracle and builds several hundred Meg of sqlite tables before this failure.

I have the following code which HAD worked for months.

select count(distinct(rec_key))
from test_rows
where list = 'A';

Now it suddenly fails with a Prepare failed near 'DISTINCT' : syntax error(1) at dbdimp.c line 269 error.

The code runs just fine with the same database file using the sqlite command line tool.

I tried upgrading DBI from 1.48 to 1.5.
I tried downgrading the sqlite DBD to 1.09 (Which is what I THINK I was running before), nothing helps.

Ideas.

It sounds familiar but I can't find any references for the life of me...