----- Original Message ----- From: "John Newby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I was having this problem also but I just copied the dll file into the
directory, and it worked fine with the ado.net wrapper at
http://adodotnetsqlite.sourceforge.net/

John

On 04/05/06, Jay Sprenkle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to add sqlite3.dll ot my application in VS 2005.  I
> downloaded the dll from the sqlite home page.  VS simply says that it is
> not a valid assembly and can't be loaded.

It's not an assembly so the error message is correct.
Copy it to the directory where you execute your program and see if it
will load it.
The wrapper should take care of that for you, you shouldn't need to do
anything
explicit in your code to load it.

If he's using VS2005, he's better off with my ADO.NET 2.0 wrapper at
http://sqlite.phxsoftware.com

Robert