On 10 May 2006, at 16:31, sqlite wrote:

Eric Scouten wrote:
No such thing, really. In SQLite the data types are associated with the cell, not the column.

Yes, I saw that. I'm not sure it's a good "feature".

Depends on your application. For us, it's been a very natural fit. It may not fit your data or coding style well; if so, then you may want to consider other DB engines.

The "declared type" of a column that you've found is used to establish preferences for how cells are stored, but it is not a hard requirement (unlike most other SQL implementations).

Internally SQLite seems to have a column "affinity".
That's what I need...

SQLite derives that by parsing the string that you've already found. I think it does store that in some internal fashion, so it's not *re- parsing* it constantly, but that is not available through the API.

-Eric