[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
sqlite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Eric Scouten wrote:

SQLite derives that by parsing the string that you've already found.

I found the method in section 2.1 of this page:
http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html

> I think it does store that in some internal fashion, so
> it's not *re-parsing* it constantly, but that is not
> available through the API.

Pity. I guess I'll have to parse it myself...

I continue to be bewildered by programmers'
fixation on datatypes.  This has been a constant
theme for 6 years now.  And in all that time, I
have never been able to figure out why so many
people think they need to know the "type" of a
"column".

The best theory I have is that people who have
always driven a stick shift must have difficulty
driving a car with an automatic transmission.

--
D. Richard Hipp   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Only six years? How many years did it take for programmers and others to get past the concept of 80 column Hollerith cards, and how many haven't yet made it?
JS