I have a question about os_unix.c

On line 854 inside function sqlite3UnixTempFileName, you declare:
static const char *azDirs[] = {
     0,
     "/var/tmp",
     "/usr/tmp",
     "/tmp",
     ".",
  };

I'm guessing this is where sqlite attempts to create a temp copy of the
database it's opening.

I'm having difficulties with this because I'm running apache & trac (
http://trac.edgewall.org/ ) as a non-priviliged user (of course) and
subsequently it does not have read access to either of these directories.  Is
there a chance it could, at runtime, eval the environment variable $TMP and
use that as one of the options?

It looks like creating the temp file fails if and only if all of the dirs
listed in azDirs is accessible. So just adding the env var $TMP should solve
this problem.  Do you agree?  if so, I'd be happy to write a patch for this.

Respectfully,
Christopher