Hi All,

  I know that we can use sqlite3_prepare, proabably my perception is wrong,
when I say sqlite3_prepare I am thinking the opcodes which ever is necessary to
run the query is created upon this call, and we can keep filling the various
values by just resetting the prepared statements and re use it over and over,
What I want to know is this whether the opcode generation will happen in
compile time or when you make a call to sqlite3_prepare while running. If
during running can I make some of the statements selectively to generate these
opcodes during compile time itself.

  If any one can explain me correctly what sqlite3_prepare does apart from
preparing the statement, and does prepare means generating the byte codes
necessary.

  Thanks in advace,

  -Chetan.
Jay Sprenkle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  On 9/1/06, chetana bhargav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to pre compile some of the prepared statements during
> compile time. I am having 4 tables of which two tables doesn't create any
> triggers/joins. I am basically trying to speed up the queries on these tables
> (as they are most frequently used). I am looking for ways so that I can keep
> them prepared always, not in memory though as that would be too much.

Certainly!
http://sqlite.org/capi3ref.html#sqlite3_prepare