On 9/1/06, chetana bhargav <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All,

  I know that we can use sqlite3_prepare, proabably my perception is wrong,
when I say sqlite3_prepare I am thinking the opcodes which ever is necessary to
run the query is created upon this call, and we can keep filling the various
values by just resetting the prepared statements and re use it over and over,
What I want to know is this whether the opcode generation will happen in
compile time or when you make a call to sqlite3_prepare while running. If
during running can I make some of the statements selectively to generate these
opcodes during compile time itself.

You want to bind your variables to a prepared statement.
Prepare just parses the sql. If you use bound variables then you can
use the same
prepared statement over and over with different values.
If you're inserting rows into a table it works very well to speed it up because
it moves the parsing outside the insertion loop. When you're doing a very large
number of insertions the small parsing time can add up.
.