Hi Folks,

I'm wanting to use SQLite in an embedded web application
that will serve as a proxy and possible serve up many
connections at once. I'm talking here of high-traffic
through this web app.

Question is, how will SQLite perform under these kinds
of conditions ? I've been speaking to a few of the Trac
developers, and they inform me that SQLite uses a global
writer meaning that only a single thread can write at
any one point in time. This would explain why trac-hacks.org
is so slow at times to load up.

Thoughts/Comments ?

(btw) I really don't want to be using a server-client
rdbms such as MySQL or Postgresql because of the small
overheads in having a server.

cheers
James

-"Problems are Solved by Method"