Hi, Tim.

We are using SQLite for two main reasons:
- no daemon needed: to use RDBMS on a cluster machine is quite
annoying. Most clusters administrators does not want more daemons
running.
- SQLite can be very fast when you tweak some of its basic
configuration pragmas, being more than 200% faster than MySQL or
Postgres on batch insert operations.

Hope this can at least give you some ideas for your article.

Good luck
Alberto