I am considering using FTS for a new feature. My question is:

- If I use fts1 (or fts2) now, and then a new version of fts comes out which
is not backwards compatible, will I at least be able to upgrade users by
simply deleting the old FTS table and re-building it using the new FTS
system?

In other words, my users will have a database file built with fts1, then my
new upgraded code (which contains sqlite with fts3, for example) will try to
upgrade them by deleting the fts1 table, and creating a new table.

Will the delete of the old table at least be guaranteed to work?

Thank you.