Hmmm, let me see, both machines are DELL machines and with very
similar specs. If any, I'd say that the new hardware should run
faster. And the performance problem is way slower. GW0 runs for 8
minutes, while GW2 was running it for 30 minutes when I decided to
interrupt it.

        I also made a littleprogram that would read my text file an then
copy it to another file. As I expected it did instantaneously (on
GW2). The text file is around 3MB. I also used linux "dd" to create a
1 GB file and I didn't take too long. Any test I should do to check
if I have a HD problem? I used a software from DELL to search for
hardware problems and didn't find anything.

        Thanks!

Fabio Durieux Lopes
Desenvolvimento
Suntech Telecom Solutions