Ok, I have a performance problem with SQLITE. First of all I'd like
to say that Ihave searched the archives and other sites too but
didn't find a problem like mine.

        Recently I made a software that got records from a remote ORACLE
database, created a local SQLITE database and then inserted those
records in the local database. All worked fine while developing and
testing, but when I moved it to the computer where it should run I
found it was way too slow to create the database. Did some testing
and haven't found network, hard disk or memory problems.

   This is my scenario now:
    GW0 - 2 32 bit INTEL HyperThreading Processors 1 GB RAM
              RED HAT ENTERPRISE 3 kernel 2.4.21-4.ELsmp
                          Good performance

        GW2 - 2 32 bit INTEL Dual core Processors 4 GB RAM
                          RED HAT ENTERPRISE 4 kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp
                          Poor performance

        My software is slow on GW2 but fast on GW0. Same binary.
    I have reinstalled sqlite3 on GW2, copied sqlite3 binaries and
libraries from GW0 to GW2 but didn't succeed.

        I also made a little test to read records from a text file and
insert in a DB. Same thing, slow on GW2, fast on GW0. Note that I
used the same binary on both computers.

        The table I'm using looks like this:
        CREATE TABLE name (col1 TEXT, col2 TEXT, col3 TEXT);

        and I insert like this:
        INSERT INTO name VALUES ('value1', 'value2', 'value3');

        I've seen people saying one should use transactions or to bind
variables and some syncronize stuff, but my question is: If I'm using
the same binary on both computers shouldn't I get similar
performances on both computers?

        Anyone has any idea of what might be wrong?

        Thanks in advance and sorry for the long mail.

--
Fabio Durieux Lopes
Desenvolvimento