gcc support this, msvc++ and other compilers does not.

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Leighton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: terça-feira, 30 de outubro de 2007 23:32
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Proposed sqlite3_initialize() interface

On Oct 30, 2007, at 10:18 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> To accomodate this need, we are considering an incompatible
> API change to SQLite.  We are thinking of requiring that an
> application invoke:
>
>     int sqlite3_initialize(...);

I am not sure about the systems that you are trying to support, but for
gnu tool chain you can do:

         gcc -shared  -Wl,-init=sqlite3_initialize ...

which will run the function at library load time and for static linking
( I think you can use this for dynamic linking too but I am not sure):

        __attribute__((constructor)) void sqlite3_initialize(void)

So the init function would not need to be a public function and no API
change would be
needed (assuming the target platforms have similar capability).