[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
"Scott Hess" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I probably am misunderstanding something.  The box scales down to
narrower windows just fine, so why can't the box scale until it hits
the width of my browser, and _then_ start doing the vertical-wrapping
thing?

There is a CSS parameter that limits the width.

    max-width: 800px;

People who know tell me this is a good thing.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

It leaves a lot of white on either side when it displays on a high aspect ratio screen. I am not so sure that it is a good thing to place any absolute pixel specs in a web page intended to be rendered on any available screen. It is very nice to have pages which scale to each screen resolution by virtue of using relative addressing. Annoying scroll bars and big, empty margins are avoided.

It would be a nicer presentation to fill the visible screen and not need to scroll.