Dennis Cote wrote:

> Dr Gerard Hammond wrote:
> > The first few words sound incorrect to me.
> >
> > Shouldn't it be.
> >
> > "SQLite is an in-process"....
> >
> > and even then I don't know what 'in-process' actually means.
> >

> I agree with this completely.
>
> I can't say I have ever heard the term in-process before. Perhaps it
is
> database administrator jargon.

I thought it common in the programming world.  It's certainly not a DBA
thing; DBAs tend *not* to work with in-process sytems, but rather with
client/server systems.

> In any case, I don't think it adds anything to the first sentence. It
> would be at least as effective without that term thrown in.

For those to whom the term has meaning, it adds something useful by
making the embedded nature of SQLite very clear (without using the
ambiguous term "embedded").

-- James