On Nov 22, 2007, at 8:52 PM, Xabriel J Collazo Mojica wrote:

Hi all:

I've just downloaded, compiled and installed SQLite3 3.5.2 on my mac.
Everything is working fine but the version number. I know OS X 10.4 comes
with SQLite built-in on /usr/bin. I installed 3.5.2  on /usr/local and
updated my PATH so that is all right. Look at what I get:

xabita:/ xabriel$ which sqlite3
/usr/local/bin/sqlite3
xabita:/ xabriel$ sqlite3 -version
3.1.3

As mentioned previously my PATH is all right:

xabita:/ xabriel$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/ bin:/usr/sbin

Something weird is that 3.1.3 is the version that my Mac has built-in:

xabita:/ xabriel$ /usr/bin/sqlite3 -version
3.1.3

So, do somebody see what I am missing?

Not sure you are missing anything. I just mkdir ~/bin/ and copied it there and added that to my PATH. Try running:

/usr/local/bin/sqlite3 -version

You may need to remove the old or rename it so it isn't being called.