Hi James,

You raise some interesting points.  There is nothing secret about the
benchmarks.  We will make the code that was used to run benchmarks available
to anyone who wants to see it and verify results. If you want to find a
third party to verify, be my guest. The benchmark report goes into some
depth on the design and rationale for the benchmark.  Frankly, as much as I
like the idea about taking DeviceSQL open source, you don't need to do so,
just to verify performance claims.

Do you need to read the code to verify reliability as your next few
sentences seems to imply? For that to be true, the reader would have to be
able to spot bugs through inspection.  While that is certainly one way to
spot bugs, I seriously doubt that any shop would rely on code inspection,
when millions of dollars of potential recall costs are on the line.

In fact the SQLite marketing does not rely on code inspection as its
argument for why the code is reliable. Check it out.

All of that said, I do admire the elegance of the SQLite code.  It makes
entertaining reading.  Unfortunately elegance does not translate into
performance or reliability.

Regards,

Steve