A hundred or so Visual Basic programmers are cheaper to replace and
"maintain" than one good Delphi/C++ programmer. ;-)  That is the reason
management likes "Visual XXXX."  Been there, learned that.  Hire the
staff from the largest pool, not the most effective.  Besides it's damn
hard to be a prima donna, when your replacement is ready to jump off
that forklift and learn a cushy job.

Fred