* Zbigniew Baniewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-01-09 18:15]:
> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 11:25:01AM -0500, Rob Sciuk wrote:
> > and adding bloat will not contribute to its future success.
>
> Of course, any feature, which *you* aren't especially fond of,
> you can describe as "bloat". Even the most useful feature
> (which is useful FOR ME) - can be "bloat" for you. And vice
> versa. No, I'm not using *all*available* features of SQLite.
> Are they "bloat"? Answer yourself.

Yes, actually, almost all requested and many implemented features
are by definition bloat. Linus Torvalds once said that his most
important job as the maintainer of the kernel is to say no to
most suggested additions. I’m sure Dr. Hipp could give a list of
things he would remove from SQLite if backward compatibility was
not a concern.

Regards,