Got it!  Thanks for the clarification.

Noah

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 10:43 AM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Version 3.5.5 Released

"Noah Hart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> With SQLITE_OMIT_VIRTUALTABLE defined, I get a linker fault under VC++
>
> It claims that:
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol sqlite3VtabBeginParse

That call *is* surrounded by #ifndef SQLITE_OMIT_VIRTUALTABLE.  But
the #ifndef is located in parse.y.  You are probably trying to build
off of parse.c, which is a generated file.  You have to tell "lemon"
about the SQLITE_OMIT_VIRTUALTABLE macro or it will generate code
to call sqlite3VtabBeginParse().

In general, you cannot use SQLITE_OMIT macros if you are compiling
from the amalgamation or from the preprocessed C code.  You have
to compile from canonical sources, an in particular you must compile
starting with parse.y, not parse.c.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are
not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not
use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any
information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.