On 2/16/08, Coatimundi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I hope this questions isn't a FAQ...
>
> I have a tab-delimited text file which I .import using .sep "\t" into a
> freshly declared table whose columns are of type TEXT.
>
> The program which generates the text file exports each "empty" field (if
> any) as a single non-breaking space, i.e. 0xA0.
>
> SQLite 3.5.4 .import's the data which complaining, not surprisingly.
> But the non-breaking space is rendered in SELECT output as a lower-case
> acute-a, aka U+00E1.

This is a Windows code page problem. Your output data to is being
displayed as CodePage 437 which displays an acute-a for OxA0. For
details see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_page_437

Postgresql also had this output problem but solved it with a patch
discussed around this thread node

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers-win32/2005-01/msg00227.php

Robert Wishlaw