I think that something several people had missed was that I specifically
proposed the strong typing behavior to be activated by a new pragma, and unless
people activate that pragma they would get the old behavior, so total backwards
compatibility.  I see several people then proposed using the same pragma.

In any event, I am quite satisfied to drop the matter and no longer pursue this
feature.

Let people write explicit CHECK constraints when they want strong typing, which
also has the advantage of carrying that behavior backwards to older SQLite
installations.

And also, CHECK constraints would be necessary to use anyway for the general
case of constraints where the constraint isn't just "all values are of this
generic type".

So, request withdrawn.

-- Darren Duncan