> ----- Message from Alexey Pechnikov <pechni...@mobigroup.ru> on Tue,
> 15 Dec 2009 22:14:07 +0300 -----

> General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>

> Re: [sqlite] Gauging interest in patches...
>
> Hello!
>
> On Tuesday 15 December 2009 19:17:31 wcl...@gfs-hofheim.de wrote:
> > Trying to attach a non-existent database as "readonly" will return the

> > error "unable to open database file".
>
> This message is not helpful becouse is used in other situations. Is it
> possible to change it?

Alexey,

I've looked through the source code and this error message is generated by
the stock code and not my modification.  I think it should be possible to
change this error message, and I'll look into it, but I would need to be
able to detect differences between the general error scenario and the
particular one where the file was not found.

I'm afraid I've been a little delayed in posting my patches to you since I
stumbled across another problem and need to bottom that out first.  So, I
beg your patience on this.

Cheers
Will