In part, this is a very broad question but I hope it's not unacceptable.
>From a birdseye perspective, what is involved in integrating an interpreted
scripting language with a database engine?  I am aware that SQLite supports
loadable extensions, but would the SQLite architecture also permit the
integration of an interpreted scripting language?   An integrated scripting
language makes an already powerful database engine orders of magnitude more
useful especially when one is solving ad hoc data problems requiring very
rapid turnaround.  SQlite with, say, an ActionScript interpreter (ala
MS-Access->VBA) would be an amazingly powerful desktop tool. Do you know of
any project pursuing such an integration?

Regards
Tim Romano