From: Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org>
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database <sqlite-users@sqlite.org>
Sent: Tue, June 22, 2010 3:45:26 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] marking transaction boundaries

On 22 Jun 2010, at 10:25pm, b s wrote:

> I want to mark that the following records inserted or updated
> belong to a certain transaction.

Transactions can be nested.  In other words, an INSERT or UPDATE can belong to
more than one transaction.  BLOBs are hugely expensive in terms of programming,
processing time and storage.  It would be far less 'expensive' to mark your
transactions with INTEGERs.

If you have your own description of what a transaction is, just use a trigger
to maintain a 'last updated' field for every row, and make a table which lists
your transactions and their start and stop times.

Simon.