On 23 Jun 2010, at 5:56pm, b s wrote:

> I get the point that transactions can be nested and i am assuming
> the begin transaction trigger only happens at the outer most transaction.
> It still is the logical envelope which will be rolled back on a default abort.
> (yes, i know one can back off to a save point).

No.  An abort will not roll back to the outmost transaction.  Generally it
rolls back the innermost transaction.  And if there was a trigger when a
transaction began, it would be triggered as each nested transaction began.
Though you could probalby somehow run a counter yourself which could figure out
whether the BEGIN was for an outmost transaction.

Simon.