>According to my math your final database size should be on the order of
100Meg?

>That means at 200 minutes and 1,000,000 records:
>83 inserts per second
>8333 bytes per second

>Both of these values are terrible.

>#1 What kind of network connection do you have?  100BaseT?
>#2 What kind of server are you writing to?
>#3 How fast does this run if you write to your local machine?

>Michael D. Black

It DOES sound terrible since 90%? of the time is spend in retrieving
data from a remote oracle server over a slow line. The problem is that
the time spend saving to sqlite is still more than I used to spend on
saving to my previous file system.

DISCLAIMER:
Everything in this email and its attachments relating to the official business
of Face Technologies is proprietary to Face Technologies. It is confidential,
legally privileged and protected by law. The person addressed in the email is
the sole authorised recipient. Any unauthorized dissemination or copying of
this e-mail (or any attachment to this e-mail) or the wrongful disclosure of
the information herein contained is prohibited.