On 14 Jul 2010, at 2:19pm, Riccardo Cohen wrote:

> I have typeof(basket)=real in all records  ...
> I just see now that all data are float numbers in the text file that was
> used for inserting rows, and did not notice this because SqliteExpert
> show only ints !
>
> I understand that sqlite accepts data that are not exactly in declared
> format (other usual example is a string that is bigger than the field),
> but in my case I must admit that it does not help...

In an earlier message:

>>> I have a simple database:
>>>
>>> CREATE TABLE data (irisid char(9),postid varchar(20),basket integer);

I think that at the level of detail you've got to it's worth knowing that
SQLite doesn't even have a VARCHAR type.  Take a look at this:

http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html

Everything is turned into one of those five types.  So there's no limit to the
lengths of TEXT values, and numbers are either REAL or INTEGER.  Your own table
declaration is seen as defining both irisid and postid as TEXT columns.

If you need to limit the length of values in a text column, you can do it
manually using a TRIGGER or a CHECK constraint, but generally programmers seem
to do it in their software, so the value is short before it's presented to the
database.

Simon.