Werner Smit wrote:

> After taking out count(*) and adding a few pragma's and saving 6000
> records rather than 500 at a time I've got it down to 34 minutes.
> If I build in on local drive it takes 28 minutes.(with chunks of 500)

Why not do an apples-to-apples test and commit the same number of
records per batch in each test?  The idea was to vary only one thing
(the mount point) and keep all other variables constant.

250ms ping times, wow.  SQLite write speeds will be better if the NFS
server is on the same planet as the client.

--
Eric A. Smith

Software is like entropy.  It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing,
and obeys the Second Law of Thermodynamics, i.e., it always increases.