On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Jim Wilcoxson <pri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Sven L <larvpo...@hotmail.se> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for your detailed explanation!
>> First, can you please tell me how to purge the cache in Windows 7? This
>> could be very useful for my tests!
>
> Sorry, dunno for Windows.  On Mac OSX it is the purge command, in the
> development tools.  On Linux, you do: echo 3 >
> /prog/sys/vm/drop_caches

Just make sure you either (a) quote the 3 (echo '3' >
/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches) or (b) put a space between the 3 and the >.
If you don't quote it, and you don't put the space in (echo
3>/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches) it doesn't do anything, for reasons I
won't go into.

--
-- Stevie-O
Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE