On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Cyrille <rssxpr...@free.fr> wrote:
> As you said, I have been surprised by the result. One of my users copied
> the missing DLL indicated by Depends (IEShims.dll) to the application
> folder and Depends indicates now another missing DLL: ieframe.dll which
> seems to be again linked to IE.
> Well, I have the feeling that the only possible solution so far is to
> follow your other advice: adding the IE folder to the environment path.
> Could you please explain me how to proceed?
>
> Finally, I still very puzzled how the difference between the DLL error
> indicated by Depends and the DLL which cannot be found according to the
> .NET error message raised while launching the application.
> If the .NET raised an error message: "System.DllNotFoundException:
> Impossible to load the DLL SQLite.Interop.DLL", why this DLL file error
> is not also indicated by Depends?

IEShims and IEFrame are red-herrings.  They're delay-loaded by a
Windows component, and that component knows how to find them, and can
deal with them not being loaded if need be.

The core error is the fact you can't load SQLite.Interop.dll.  If you
open depends and open this DLL on the target machines, I'm betting
you'll see three error messages from depends.  You'll see IEShims.dll
and IEFrame.dll, which you can ignore.  You'll also probably see
MSVCR100.dll, which is the crux of the problem.  This is a guess, but
you probably just need to install the VS 2010 C++ Redistributable
package on the target machines and your project will work.
Alternatively, you could recompile SQLite.Interop.dll to use the
static CRT library (/MT).