Steffen Mangold wrote:

> No i think i can exclude this as the problem.
> Because my code goes like this:

The test case I added for this issue is remarkably similar to your code,
except it
uses a different schema (the Northwind sample database) and does not
re-throw the
exception in the catch block (it simply writes it to the console instead).
The one
modification I would make to your code is explicitly opening the connection
just
inside the TransactionScope using block (like my test case does).  Without
that,
the .NET Framework may try to open more than one connection to the
underlying
database, which could cause some problems (it did for me).  For example, try
this
change:

using (TransactionScope transaction = new TransactionScope())   //begin
transaction
{
        context.Connection.Open();

Also, keep in mind that only the rows of data that are not causing any error
will be
added to the database.  Any rows that fail constraints will not be added.

--
Joe Mistachkin