Thanks for the response.  In the solution you propose, the view is no longer a
parameterized view. I asume you suggest putting the select statement with the
paramterized where clause in the code. In my question, I simplified the query.
In reality, it is a huge query (view with left join to two sub-views). I prefer
to avoid embedded that SQL complexity into my code. A parameterized view allows
me to do that just fine in other SQL engines, but apparently not SQLite.