On 23 Dec 2011, at 1:31pm, Chris Mets wrote:

> Thanks for the response.  In the solution you propose, the view is no longer
> a parameterized view. I asume you suggest putting the select statement with
> the paramterized where clause in the code. In my question, I simplified the
> query. In reality, it is a huge query (view with left join to two sub-views).
> I prefer to avoid embedded that SQL complexity into my code. A parameterized
> view allows me to do that just fine in other SQL engines, but apparently not
> SQLite.

I know the syntax diagrams aren't definitive, but the syntax diagram on

<http://www.sqlite.org/lang_createview.html>

doesn't suggest that any values are forbidden.  I have no trouble running
_exec() on this statement:

CREATE VIEW theThrees AS SELECT second FROM myTable WHERE first=3

so I don't see why it shouldn't work.  Perhaps the problem is with binding.

Simon.