I was just going on the basis of what I paid for the professional version
the last time.  Although 2005 is an old version there are a huge number of
developers maintaining legacy systems on this platform, so I would consider
it worthwhile keeping them in the loop, and would be willing to setup a
remotely accessible VS 2005 environment for someone to explore the issue
further.

Maybe not going as far as including updates in the installer for support
for 2005 but at least a manual process for getting it working in 2005 would
be very helpful.

Patrick.