Hi all,

Our windows application uses sqlite, and we've had no problems with it in our
existing builds, which use the multibyte character set.  We are now converting
our codebase to Unicode.  SqLite is quite happily running with our Unicode
builds, creating SqLite databases in UTF-16LE encoding.

We have come across one very odd thing, though.  If I run the query "PRAGMA
journal_mode = NORMAL" (actually, setting it to ANY of the value values,
including "OFF" does the same thing), everything runs fine until the code
closes the database, at which point the database returns SQLITE_BUSY, with the
error "unable to close due to unfinalised statements".  This happens even if
the only query I run on the database is that pragma command.  I can run other
pragmas fine (e.g. "PRAGMA synchronous = NORMAL") and all SQL queries are fine,
and the database will close happily; it's just this journal_mode pragma that's
causing this odd behaviour, and ONLY in the Unicode build of our code - the
multibyte build doesn't show this problem.  This happens whether the database
exists already [in UTF-16LE mode], or whether it creates it on first opening.

Any ideas what could be wrong?  We're using SqLite build v3.7.11.

Thanks,
Nick.