From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org
[mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] On Behalf Of Bill Pytlovany
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:05 PM
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
Subject: [sqlite] I consider this a bug. Anyone else?

I'm very pleased with sqlite3.dll for Windows and I mainly include it with
my product because one of our features is to help users manage cookies.
Since both Chrome and Firefox use SQLite I'm required to use sqlite3.dll to
access their information. So thank you, thank you!

I've asked this in the form of a question a couple of times but have yet to
spark anyone's interest.
So, let me ask if anyone else like me considers this to be a bug?

Remove Debug Data
The problem is the SQLite3.dll available online is compiled with all its
debug information included.
This makes the DLL  586 KB.  While that certainly isn't bad,  the main
component of my application is only 400 KB.  One of the main advantages I
have over competitors in the security world is that my program has always
been extremely small and fast for what it does.  SQLite3.dll is the only
file I include in my setup which I don't sign and is developed by a 3rd
party.
Can the download page include a distributable version without debug
information or would this require paid support?
Anyone else thinks this is a bug?

Include Resource Info
Not a bug but something I'd like to see included in SQlite3.dll is minimal
Windows resource information. This would identify the source of SQLite and
could even promote the consortium.  I suspect Hwaci isn't a big fan of
Windows but the standard convention is to include a company name, version
and copyright information in a Windows EXE or DLL's resource block.  Many
programs including mine display this information and something as simple as
not having a company name is often an indication of a suspicious or possible
malware file.  It will make my users more comfortable but you could also use
it as a way to promote your company and SQLite. This is an area you could
include your URL along with company name and version.  Most Windows install
packages access the version info from the resource block as a condition to
install the sqlite3.dll file. Not having this data could cause an old
version of the DLL to be install over top of a newer version.

Thanks again,
Bill Pytlovany

BillP Studios
32 Sunnyside Rd.