Il 14/04/2014 0.22, Joe Mistachkin ha scritto:
Stefano Ravagni wrote:
Hello Joe, here my code for CloseDati to help you to reproduce the error
that i don't understand...

++++++++++++++++++
Public Sub CloseDati()

          'chiude i dati del datareader associati all'oggetto DATI cui
          ' spesso sono attaccati anche altri oggetti come
          ' l'oggetto ObjCmd
          Try
              If IsNothing(Dati) = False Then
                  If Dati.IsClosed = False Then Dati.Close()
              End If
          Catch ex As Exception
              Call ScriviLog("ModConnessione.CloseDati", ex.Message)
              MsgBox("ERRORE DURANTE LA CHIUSURA DEI DATI APERTI!" & vbCrLf
& vbCrLf & ex.Message)
          End Try
      End Sub

Just seen the image attachment i sent which demostrate i obtain the error
?
I'm still unable to reproduce the issue.  Is an exception being caught by
this
method while trying to close the data reader?  Also, perhaps instead of
using
the IsNothing function, you might want to change the "If" expression to:

        If Not Dati Is Nothing Then

In theory, changing the "If" expression should not make any difference;
however,
I seem to recall that the IsNothing function was typically used for checking
the
sub-type of a Variant (i.e. and not for checking for null references).  Of
course,
I have not used Visual Basic.NET for quite a long time and I may be wrong.

--
Joe Mistachkin

Hello Joe, tryed to change the code in the IF expression but nothing change.... I would ask if you seen the screenshot i attached somes days ago because it show what happen....

From debugger Datareader result CLOSED and HasRows properties result NO ROWS, but i obtain the error wich say datareader is open !

The error happen at line were i set command connection properties as in the code above...

 Try
            Call CloseDati() ' which call Dati.Close()

            objCmd.Connection = Connetti     *** HERE HAPPEN THE ERROR ***
            objCmd.CommandText = strSQLvar
            Dati = objCmd.ExecuteReader()