On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 12:56 PM, jose isaias cabrera <cabr...@wrc.xerox.com
> wrote:

> Just noticed something...  It may be nothing, but the MinGW built DLL has
> a size of 645KB while the MSVC built one has a size of 962KB.  Just under
> 33% bigger. I hope there is nothing missing on the MinGW one. :-)  It's so
> weird how MS DLLs and programs are always so much bigger in size then
> non-MS built ones.  Just food for thoughts...

The MSVC DLL is 64-bit and the MinGW DLL is 32-bit.  That accounts for part
of the difference.  Additionally, MinGW was run with the -Os option
(optimize for small size) whereas MSVC was run with -O2 (optimize for
maximum speed).  So MSVC is probably doing lots of function in-lining and
loop-unrolling that might make the code a little faster, but also makes it
bigger.

--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org