Luuk wrote:

>so, 0 means temp is written to disk.

>Back to the the question.....

>How much free disk space is there?

>I think you need more than 14Gb of free space if your database is 14Gb in size.

>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sqlite+vacuum+how+much+disk+space+is+needed&l=1

>"This means that when VACUUMing a database, as much as twice the size of the
>original database file is required in free disk space. "

>So, you will need 28Gb of free disk space......

Sometimes *where* the free space is makes a difference... for example, if the
temporary file is generated in /tmp, then /tmp needs to have sufficient free
space.  In my experience, /tmp is frequently too small to vacuum large
databases.  The tmp location can be controlled by a (deprecated, IIRC, and
hopefully never removed) pragma.

Erik